At the New Orleans Center for Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery, we want you to have five star service and quality care. We designed our spa with this in mind. After you are greeted with a warm towel, you will immediately note the soothing scent of essential oils that fill the room. You won’t want to leave after lying on our massage and treatment table. Drs. Velargo and Hendrick have partnered with Gena Taranto Robin, a skin care RN, to perform the following spa services:
IPL Hair Removal
- Using the Crystal 512 IPL Machine, this treatment is intended to help with permanent hair reduction in the following areas:
- chest/ abdomen
- arms/ legs
- bikini area
- Brazillian bikini
IPL Photofacial / Photorejuvenation
- Using the Crystal 512 IPL Machine, this treatment is intended to help with the following:
- rejuvenate the skin
- increase elasticity
- stimulate collagen
- smooth fine lines
- diminish wrinkles, acne, sunspots, hyperpigmentation, rosacea and broken capillaries
Microdermabrasion is a procedure designed to rejuvenate the skin and reduce problems like light scarring, discoloration of the skin, sun damage, or stretch marks. The procedure involves a gentle abrasion of the skin, less aggressive than dermabrasion to remove the thicker, uneven epidermal layers. The goal of the procedure is to encourage the growth of new skin and collagen, ultimately resulting in younger-looking skin.
Microdermabrasion is a procedure that can specifically target certain skin problems by removing the outermost layer of the epidermis. Skin issues that can be resolved using microdermabrasion include:
- Age spots
- Stretch marks
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Acne and acne-related scars
- Large pores
Microdermabrasion can gently exfoliate skin to reveal a clearer, more youthful appearance. The procedure causes little to no discomfort. Patients do not need to be given anesthetic and there is generally no downtime following the procedure. It can, however, produce mild redness, sensitivity to light, dryness, flaking, itchy skin at most, which will subside less than 24hrs.
The microdermabrader sprays tiny crystals across your skin to abrade the uppermost layers. A suctioning device vacuums these tiny crystals back up into the device, along with any skin cells that were exfoliated. This treatment takes approximately 30 minutes to complete.
Both men and women can benefit from microdermabrasion. The ideal candidates for microdermabrasion are healthy patients with only minor skin issues and imperfections. All skin types and colors can benefit.
Often, patients will need to have at least two sessions per month until the skin issue is resolved. Then, patients will return once each month for maintenance treatments. The soonest you can perform microdermabrasion is every 7 days.
Before Gena performs a microdermabrasion procedure, she will do a quick patch test under the arm to determine whether or not you have special sensitivities to the aluminum oxide crystals.
Superficial Chemical Peels (Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid, and Jessner’s Peels)
- Superficial chemical peels are topical exfoliants which remove the top layer of the skin, thereby evening out skin tone, minimizing fine lines and wrinkles and revealing younger, smoother-looking skin. Many skin conditions can improve after a series of peels.
- Additionally, Dr.’s Hendrick and Velargo perform deeper peels, like TCA Peels and Phenol Peels, for a more dramatic result.
Call (504) 533-8848 to make your appointment in our spa today.