TCA CHEMICAL PEEL/VI PEEL IN NEW ORLEANS
Chemical peels vary by formula and depth. TCA chemical peels utilize varying concentrations of trichloroacetic acid (TCA). A TCA peel is considered superficial-medium in depth, which differs from superficial chemical peels (salicylic or glycolic acid) and deep chemical peels (phenol). A “chemical peel” involves the careful application of a scientifically formulated solution to the skin, which later causes the top layers to separate and shed taking with it the sun-damaged and wrinkled layers. TCA chemical peeling is an art and requires extensive experience in the concentration used, amount applied to each area of the face, and the manner in which it is applied. Dr. Velargo has co-authored many internationally published articles and book chapters on the innovative approaches to chemical peeling and can customize your chemical peel treatment based on your skin type, condition, and goals.
Most people need a series of TCA peels to achieve optimal results, and the results are augmented even further when a medical grade skin care regimen, such as FaceMD, is used under Dr. Velargo’s guidance. Dr. Velargo has published literature on a novel technique of TCA peeling called “Enhanced Superficial Chemical Peeling”, which yields results that are often on par with deeper skin resurfacing techniques (e.g. laser or phenol peeling).
WHAT CAN A TCA PEEL ACCOMPLISH?
A TCA Peel can:
- Smooth rough and “leathery” skin
- Smooth fine lines and wrinkles
- Brighten the skin, lightening hyperpigmentation, brown spots, and sun damage
- Improve acne scars and blemishes
- Stimulate natural collagen production for an overall enhancement of the skin
WHAT HAPPENS DURING A TCA PEEL?
TCA peels are performed in the outpatient procedure room at our clinic. The TCA solution is applied to the face in a methodical yet customized manner. The solution stings as it is applied, but this is short-lived (a matter of seconds). A cooling device will be used to help ease the discomfort. Later burning is typically mild (like a sunburn) and can be eased with appropriate medications.
Depending on your skin type and the number of previous treatments you have had, Dr. Velargo modifies the concentration of TCA used as well as the manner in which it is applied.
VI PEEL IN NEW ORLEANS
VI Peels are a safe, effective approach to achieving younger looking skin and provide superior results for all Fitzpatrick skin types. Two to four VI Peels per year, along with proper home care, reverses sun damage, treats hyper-pigmentation including melasma, acne and acne scarring, aging skin and rosacea. Patients of all ages will benefit from our treatments, from preteen acne sufferers to mature patients wanting to reverse the signs of aging.
Unlike other chemical peels, our treatments are virtually painless, require no skin preconditioning and have minimal downtime. The peels are suitable for the face and body. The VI Peels are practical, affordable and give excellent results within one week.
The VI Peel® is composed of five rejuvenating acids: TCA, Retin-A (to trigger peeling and unclog the pores while boosting collagen and elastin), Salicylic Acid, Phenol, and Vitamin C (a powerful antioxidant to mitigate the damaging effects of UV exposure and remove toxins).
This unique treatment is designed to reverse the early signs of aging and sun damage with little downtime. In about a week, patients will see an improvement in the skin’s texture and tone. Large pores will be smaller and areas of hyper-pigmentation can be significantly decreased with the VI Peel®.
The VI Peel® will gently remove the top layer of dead skin. This allows newer, healthier skin to show, leaving a brighter, firmer, younger looking appearance. The VI Peel® will also encourage the body’s natural collagen production, further plumping and smoothing the skin. A VI Peel® is safe for the face, neck, hands, and body.
WHAT VI PEELS DO WE OFFER?
VI Peel with Precision
- Your Peel For More Advanced Aging Skin
- Precision is a booster to be used together with the VI Peel. It is formulated with the same synergistic blend of ingredients as VI Peel but at a higher concentration (about 25% stronger).
- Specifically formulated to rejuvenate harder to treat aging skin and help prevent future damage
- Soften fine lines and wrinkles
- Restore a more even skin tone
- Smooths away rough skin texture
VI Peel with Precision Plus
- Your Peel For Acne Scars and Skin Damage
- During your battle with acne, you can be left with scarred skin and sometimes increased pigmentation. Acne scars will often fade over time but sometimes they need a little help. VI PURIFY with Precision Plus will help eliminate acne scars and skin damage leaving your skin smooth and clear.
- Specifically formulated for acne scars
- Helps smooth skin texture and repair acne scars
- Brightens dark areas left after an acne scar
- Soothes inflammation and redness
THE VI PEEL® PROCEDURE
A VI Peel® is performed in our office, taking just a few minutes. No preconditioning is required. No anesthesia is required during the treatment, as the VI Peel contains a numbing agent.
Once the VI Peel® has been applied by our physician or nurse aesthetician, patients are free to return home. The peel will need to remain on the skin for at least four hours, then it can be washed off. Additional aftercare products, designed to enhance the peeling process, will be given to you. We will carefully review all of the at-home instructions before you leave the office.
FAQS: TCA Peel & VI PEEL IN NEW ORLEANS
You can expect to have pink and flaky skin for about 1-3 days following the TCA peel. Generally, this is mild and can be easily camouflaged 2 days post-peel with makeup.
Depending on your skin condition and the expected outcome, a series of peels spaced 4-6 weeks apart may offer you superior results.
- The treatment is relatively pain-free.
- Very little downtime required afterward.
- Patients can immediately return to their daily activities.
- Safe and effective on all skin types, including darker tones.
- Gentle enough for the eyes, neck, chest, and hands.
- Beautiful results can be seen in as little as one week.
VI Peels are considered safe for all skin types and ethnicities, making it a great choice for anyone looking to significantly improve their complexion. Both men and women, troubled by acne, acne scarring, fine lines or wrinkles, and sunspots, can benefit from this ‘light’ Chemical Peel. The ideal candidate will be in generally good health and have reasonable expectations for the procedure.
Initially, after four hours patients wash the VI Peel® from their face, the skin may appear red and mildly swollen. This is normal and will resolve over the first 24 hours. There is no required downtime after a VI Peel®; patients are able to return to work, school, and most normal activities immediately. Vigorous exercise should be avoided for the first 24-48 hours.
Two to three days after the VI Peel® application, the skin will begin to peel, usually around the mouth area first. This process can last between three to seven days, depending on the patient’s skin type and condition. Moisturizer can be used during this time to help the appearance of peeling. During this time it’s important for patients to use a sunscreen of at least SPF 30. Once the skin is finished peeling, patients will notice a smoother, healthier complexion.