Rejuvapen – PRP – PRFM
More and more, people are looking for ways to keep their skin looking young and healthy without resorting to invasive procedures with lengthy downtime. We are introducing three new cutting-edge, no-downtime treatments into our practice with this desire in mind.
Rejuvapen is a medical-grade, state-of-the-art device that utilizes Fractional Collagen Induction Therapy, also known as Micro-Needling.
By creating a controlled injury and thousands of micro-perforations in the skin’s dermis, Rejuvapen utilizes the body’s own natural healing response to increase your skin’s collagen matrix resulting in firmer, tighter skin and a reduction in pores, fine lines and wrinkles. In addition, it’s a great treatment for acne scars and stretch marks.
The “Liquid Gold” Facial (Rejuvapen with PRP)
Let’s take this to the next level now by adding platelet rich plasma (PRP) to a micro-needling treatment.
Within your own body lies the power to heal and regenerate collagen in your skin! Growth factors in the platelets from your blood stimulate a stem cell response, which repairs and regenerates damaged skin, improves the appearance of scars, and slows & reverses the signs of aging. Two growth factors in particular, FGF and PDGF, promote cell growth, tissue repair and the production of new collagen. PRP injections have been used for years in sports medicine to help athletes heal faster from injury. We are simply using the same concept to help your skin appear more youthful!
This new procedure incorporates your body’s own platelet rich plasma (PRP) into a Rejuvapen treatment by using micro-needling to infuse the PRP into the skin.
The result is a youthful “glow” that will last about 24 hrs. You will begin to notice a subtle “plumping” of the skin as the collagen regenerates over the next 4 weeks.
Micro-Needling with PRP, is getting incredible results and is even being used by many celebrities, including Kim Kardashian.
The “Liquid Gold” Facelift (Rejuvapen with PRP and PRFM injections)
Taking this one step further, the left over PRP from your PRP micro-needling session can be combined with a clotting factor to form Platelet Rich Fibrin Matrix (PRFM) for injection into the face. This truly is a natural filler! This can also be performed in isolation without micro-needling, if desired.
By using your body’s platelet rich plasma (PRP), Drs. Hendrick and Velargo can create a personalized and truly organic filler product (PRFM) that can be injected into areas of collagen loss such as the cheeks, temples, smile lines, and even into the backs of the hands.
This Platelet Rich Fibrin Matrix (PRFM) helps to rebuild your collagen foundation. While PRFM is not a substitute for filler, it can be use to potentiate the affects of fillers by creating a “fibrin matrix” on which the filler can bind thus enhancing the effects of the filler.
Since the product is derived from your own blood, it is perfectly safe and all natural! After PRFM injections, you may experience some swelling that will subside over the next 24 hours.
Who is a candidate for micro-needling?
Everyone can benefit from micro-needling! It is safe for all skin types because there is no risk for post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation.
However, precautions should be taken for the following conditions:
- – Pregnant or nursing mothers.
- – Active acne, open wounds or skin infections
- – Active skin cancers or pre-cancerous lesions
- – Eczema, psoriasis and rosacea conditions
- – Precaution should also be taken for those with a history of Herpes Simplex infections. Patients with a history of cold sores with start anti-viral treatments 2 days before treatment.
Discuss with the physician if you have undergone any other cosmetic treatments in the past 30 days. i.e. Botox, filler, peels, IPL, or laser treatments.
What are the benefits of micro-needling and PRP?
- – Rejuvapen utilizes your body’s own natural healing response to increase collagen production resulting in firmer, tighter skin and a reduction in pores, fine lines and wrinkles.
- – Treats: Fine lines and wrinkles, acne scars, and stretch marks.
- – Use in combination with PRP/ PRFM in order to achieve maximum efficacy since this will introduce growth factors found in the platelets from your blood to stimulate a stem cell response and extra collagen production.
- – No downtime. You can resume your daily activities immediately afterwards
What should I do to prepare for a Rejuvapen or PRP “Liquid Gold” treatment?
- – Refrain from alcohol the night before your procedure.
- – No Accutane for the past 6 months.
- – No Retin-A or Retinol products 24 hours before your procedure.
- – Avoid unprotected sun exposure for 2 weeks prior to your procedure.
- – If you are having PRP or PRFM in combination with the Rejuvapen procedure, drink plenty of water the day before and the morning of your treatment to help with plasma production.
What should I expect to look like right after a Rejuvapen or PRP “Liquid Gold” treatment?
Immediately following your treatment, you will look like you have a moderate to severe sunburn. Your skin may feel tighter or warmer than usual. This usually subsides within 24-48 hrs. You may also experience some mild peeling over the next 72 hours. After treatment, it is recommended you continue on a regimen of daily sunblock.
For patient’s having PRP/ PRFM in combination with the Rejuvapen procedure, they may notice a “glow” immediately after treatment. However, due to the natural process of skin repair it will be several weeks before you see the full result.
Treatments are typically scheduled 3-4 weeks apart for 3 months, and then maintenance treatments are performed biannually thereafter as needed. You can expect to continue seeing results for 6-8 months after the last treatment as your skin’s collagen matrix continues to improve.
Are Rejuvapen micro-needling or PRFM injections painful? What does it feel like?
Before the micro-needling procedure a topical anesthetic cream is applied to the treatment area. The anesthetic cream numbs the skin and makes the treatment very comfortable and almost painless. You may experience some sensitivity, particularly on the forehead and lips. Many patients describe the micro-needling sensation as that of an electric toothbrush or clairsonic device.
For those patients having PRP or PRFM in combination, there may be some slight discomfort when drawing your blood, but this is short lived.
PRFM injections are generally well tolerated because of the numbing medication and are no more uncomfortable than a standard dermal filler injection (i.e. Juvederm or Restylane).
What skin care and make up products can I use following a Rejuvapen or PRP “Liquid Gold” treatment?
- – Mineral based makeup is safe to apply immediately after treatment to cover resulting redness.
- – Sunscreen will be applied post treatment and daily afterwards as part of a healthy skin care regimen.
- – Only gentle skin care products (i.e. FaceMD) should be used for the first 48 hours.
- – No Clairsonic brushes or washcloths for 36-48 hrs.
- – Avoid glycolic acids, retinols, Vitamin C serums and any products that claim to have “active” ingredients for 36 hrs.