As the seasons change, so does our skin. Compared to the sun-drenched days of summer, cooler weather means more clothing and less skin exposure. People often think skin and non-surgical facial rejuvenation treatments should be put on hold until the beach trips and pool parties return. But the opposite is actually true. The cooler months give your body the time it needs to heal, especially after skin resurfacing or other treatments.
At the New Orleans Center for Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery, our board-certified plastic surgeons Dr. Parker Verlago and Dr. Celeste Gary, see a surge in patients scheduling facial rejuvenation treatments and procedures around this time of year in preparation for the summer. Keep reading to find out why.
Why Wait Until Fall or Winter for Certain Facial Treatments?
After most skin rejuvenation techniques, you need to avoid sun exposure. The reasons for this are simple: UV rays damage skin cells, interfere with the treatment’s effectiveness, and may complicate or even prevent the healing process. Additionally, after a deep clean or exfoliation, your skin is more sensitive to sun exposure, which means burning or scarring can happen much more quickly than usual. Pigmentation problems, scarring, and other concerns may happen with too much sun or heat exposure, which will require special attention.
But during the cooler weather of fall and winter, it’s easier to avoid the sun and care for your skin by scheduling cosmetic treatments in the cooler seasons. Clothing keeps skin covered, and with the UV rays being less powerful and damaging, you can go a little easier on the sunscreen.
Cold Weather and Dry Skin
Apart from needing protection from excessive heat and sun exposure, your skin becomes dryer during the cooler months, making it more susceptible to age-related problems. Having carefully chosen and customized treatments during this time of year will help keep your skin moisturized, more vibrant, and younger-looking.
What Beauty Treatments Are Best During the Fall and Winter?
With the weather cooling down and the leaves falling, fall is the perfect time to pay extra attention to your skin. There are many beauty treatment options provided by New Orleans Center for Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery to consider during the fall and winter.
Here is a shortlist of non-surgical treatments to get you started.
- Liquid Facelifts: Non-surgical treatments that provide natural-looking results for patients seeking less invasive alternatives.
- Skin Tightening: Minimally invasive FaceTite, Morpheus 8, and Embrace RF.
- PRP Microneedling: Also known as collagen induction therapy, this minimally invasive procedure increases elastin and collagen production and skin cell turnover, all factors in anti-aging.
- Skin Resurfacing: Rejuvenates the skin by removing the outer layers of skin, stimulating the natural production of collagen, evening out skin tone, and smoothing away wrinkles.
- Chemical Peels: Scientifically formulated solution, carefully applied to the skin, causes the top layers to separate and shed, removing the sun-damaged and wrinkled layers.
Plan Your Fall and Winter Facial Rejuvenation with New Orlean’s Top Plastic Surgeons
At New Orleans Center for Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery, our board-certified plastic surgeons care about the health and beauty of your skin as much as you do. We offer the services mentioned above, among many others, all giving you the best possible results.Call us at (504) 533-8848 or contact us today to schedule a consultation to learn more about our facial rejuvenation recommendations!