Does your face need a pick-me-up? Would you like to slow the hands of time? Dermal fillers are a quick and easy option for adding volume, smoothing wrinkles and lifting sagging skin. With just a few injections, you can wipe away the years without surgery or downtime. Call us today and schedule your appointment.
What Dermal Fillers Are Available?
We offer a variety of different dermal fillers here at the New Orleans Center for Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery. Each filler has a different consistency and advantages. With so many options, how do you choose? We’ll work with you to choose the right filler for each of your problem areas. Let’s take a quick look at a few of our offerings so you can see how each of these different products stack up.
- Juvederm: Juvederm is a hyaluronic acid (a natural substance found in the body) smooth gel filler. It works well on moderate to severe lines, wrinkles, and folds on the face and neck. We can also use this filler for non-surgical lip augmentation. Injections typically last 6-8 months per treatment.
- Juvederm Voluma: Juvederm Voluma is a unique filler that lifts and revolumizes the cheek area. Like its sister product, Juvederm, Voluma is a hyaluronic acid filler, but unlike Juvederm, this filler is injected deep into the midface tissues. Due to the deep placement and unique formulation of this filler, results can last up to two years.
- Belotero: Belotero is also a hyaluronic acid filler, but it is used very superficially. We often use it on very fine lines and small wrinkles. Its unique formulation allows injection near the top of the skin without discoloration (Tyndall effect). It also allows for more even distribution than many other fillers.
- Perlane: This filler is designed to use in the mid-face. It is a smooth gel hyaluronic acid that is typically used over the cheek bone to provide additional support to the cheeks. Perlane works well for adding volume. For photos, click here.
- Restylane: Restylane is a good all-purpose filler. It can be used to fill in lines and wrinkles, to plump up the lips and to smooth out depressions. The hyaluronic acid gel is very smooth, making this filler an excellent choice for the “tear trough” area (the crease from your nose to under the eye).
- Restylane Silk: For fuller, natural looking lips, Restylane Silk is often the go-to choice. This hyaluronic acid filler features a very small particle size for natural-looking results in the lip area. We often use it to volumize the lips and to fill in vertical lines and wrinkles around the mouth. Results last about 6 months.
- Radiesse: Many of the other fillers we offer are comprised of hyaluronic acid. Radiesse is different. This filler consists of microspheres of calcium hydroxylapatite suspended in a gel. This provides a strong framework to revolumize the face and stimulates collagen production for continued results and improvement long after your treatment. Sometimes this filler is referred to as a “non-surgical facelift.”
Which dermal filler is right for you? Call us today and we’ll help you decide. A younger looking you awaits!