VI Peels are a safe, effective approach to achieving younger looking skin and provide superior results for all Fitzpatrick skin types. Two to four VI Peels per year, along with proper home care, reverses sun damage, treats hyper-pigmentation including melasma, acne and acne scarring, aging skin and rosacea. Patients of all ages will benefit from our treatments, from preteen acne sufferers to mature patients wanting to reverse the signs of aging.
Unlike other chemical peels, our treatments are virtually painless, require no skin preconditioning and have minimal downtime. The peels are suitable for the face and body. The VI Peels are practical, affordable and give excellent results within one week.
The VI Peel® is composed of five rejuvenating acids: TCA, Retin-A (to trigger peeling and unclog the pores while boosting collagen and elastin), Salicylic Acid, Phenol, and Vitamin C (a powerful antioxidant to mitigate the damaging effects of UV exposure and remove toxins). This unique treatment is designed to reverse the early signs of aging and sun damage with little downtime. In about a week, patients will see an improvement in the skin’s texture and tone. Large pores will be smaller and areas of hyper-pigmentation can be significantly decreased with the VI Peel®.
The VI Peel® will gently remove the top layer of dead skin. This allows newer, healthier skin to show, leaving a brighter, firmer, younger looking appearance. The VI Peel® will also encourage the body’s natural collagen production, further plumping and smoothing the skin.
Benefits of the VI Peel®
- The treatment is relatively pain-free.
- Very little downtime required afterward.
- Patients can immediately return to their daily activities.
- Safe and effective on all skin types, including darker tones.
- Gentle enough for the eyes, neck, chest, and hands.
- Beautiful results can be seen in as little as one week.
Who is the Ideal Candidate for a VI Peel®?
VI Peels are considered safe for all skin types and ethnicities, making it a great choice for anyone looking to significantly improve their complexion. Both men and women, troubled by acne, acne scarring, fine lines or wrinkles, and sunspots, can benefit from this ‘light’ Chemical Peel. The ideal candidate will be in generally good health and have reasonable expectations for the procedure.
What areas can be treated with the VI Peel®?
A VI Peel® is safe for the face, neck, hands, and body.
The VI Peel® Procedure
A VI Peel® is performed in our office, taking just a few minutes. No preconditioning is required. No anesthesia is required during the treatment, as the VI Peel contains a numbing agent.
Once the VI Peel® has been applied by our physician or nurse aesthetician, patients are free to return home. The peel will need to remain on the skin for at least four hours, then it can be washed off. Additional aftercare products, designed to enhance the peeling process, will be given to you. We will carefully review all of the at-home instructions before you leave the office.
Recovery after a VI Peel®
Initially, after four hours patients wash the VI Peel® from their face, the skin may appear red and mildly swollen. This is normal and will resolve over the first 24 hours. There is no required downtime after a VI Peel®; patients are able to return to work, school, and most normal activities immediately. Vigorous exercise should be avoided for the first 24-48 hours.
Two to three days after the VI Peel® application, the skin will begin to peel, usually around the mouth area first. This process can last between three to seven days, depending on the patient’s skin type and condition. Moisturizer can be used during this time to help the appearance of peeling. During this time it’s important for patients to use a sunscreen of at least SPF 30. Once the skin is finished peeling, patients will notice a smoother, healthier complexion.
What ViPeels do we offer?
VI Peel with Precision
- Your Peel For More Advanced Aging Skin
- Precision is a booster to be used together with the VI Peel. It is formulated with the same synergistic blend of ingredients as VI Peel but at a higher concentration (about 25% stronger).
- Specifically formulated to rejuvenate harder to treat aging skin and help prevent future damage
- Soften fine lines and wrinkles
- Restore a more even skin tone
- Smooths away rough skin texture
VI Peel with Precision Plus
- Your Peel For Sun Spots and Pigmented Skin
- Hyperpigmentation is a condition when patches of skin become darker than the surrounding skin. Although it is usually harmless, it can be difficult to treat effectively. The VI Peel Precision Plus can help restore the skin tone you deserve.
- Contains: Hydroquinone to lighten and inhibit pigmentation and melasma while exfoliating to create a glowing even skin tone, Kojic Acid to aid in fighting discoloration and brighten the complexion, and Hydrocortisone to soothe and reduce redness.
- Specifically formulated for pigmented skin
- Reduces the appearance of age spots
- Brightens even the most stubborn areas of discoloration
- Smooths away rough skin texture
VI Peel PURIFY with Precision Plus
- Your Peel For Acne Scars and Skin Damage
- During your battle with acne, you can be left with scarred skin and sometimes increased pigmentation. Acne scars will often fade over time but sometimes they need a little help. VI PURIFY with Precision Plus will help eliminate acne scars and skin damage leaving your skin smooth and clear.
- Specifically formulated for acne scars
- Helps smooth skin texture and repair acne scars
- Brightens dark areas left after an acne scar
- Soothes inflammation and redness
To find out if a VI Peel® is right for you, schedule your complimentary consultation with the New Orleans Center for Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery.