Belotero. Juvederm. Juvederm Voluma. Restylane. Restylane Silk. Restylane Lyft. Radiesse. If you’re new to dermal fillers, the long list of available options can be a bit mind-boggling. Why are there so many choices? Which filler is right for you?
The Many Dermal Fillers
We’ll admit it—we offer quite a few different dermal fillers. The reason behind that is simple. Each filler has its own unique properties and benefits. By offering many we can ensure gorgeous, customized results for each and every patient. Rest assured, every filler we offer was carefully chosen for its safety and effectiveness. We only use the best at the New Orleans Center for Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery.
Let’s take a quick look at the many fillers we offer.
- Belotero- Ideal for superficial injections, Belotero is an excellent choice for the earliest signs of aging, including fine lines and small wrinkles. Unlike other fillers, Belotero doesn’t cause discoloration if it is injected too close to the skin’s surface. Its unique molecular structure causes uniform distribution throughout the dermis for a flawless, smooth result. Belotero is hyaluronic acid-based.
- Juvederm- Juvederm is a hyaluronic acid filler that can fill in lines and wrinkles across the face. We also use it to treat aging earlobes and thinning lips. Juvederm contains lidocaine to ensure your comfort. Results last 9-12 months.
- Juvederm Voluma– Juvederm Voluma is a sister product to Juvederm. It’s injected more deeply into the skin to lift sagging skin and revolumize. Voluma is very long-lasting, with some patients enjoying results for up to two years. The formula contains lidocaine for your comfort.
- Restylane- Restylane is a very soft hyaluronic acid filler. It’s an excellent option for injecting in the tear trough area (crease from the nose to under the eye). It can also be used to fill in lines and wrinkles across the face and to augment the lips. The formula contains lidocaine to ensure comfort.
- Restylane Silk- The only filler designed specifically for use in the lips, Restylane Silk is used to enhance the lip area. It can correct thin lips and can be used to fill in smoker’s lines on the upper lip. Since Restylane Silk utilizes a smaller, smoother particle size than other Restylane fillers, the results are smooth and very natural looking, even in the delicate lip area. It is hyaluronic acid-based and contains lidocaine for comfort.
- Restylane Lyft- Designed for use in the cheek and mid-face area, Restylane Lyft can create youthful definition by restoring contours to the cheeks. Results last 9-12 months or longer.
- Radiesse- If you have sagging, loose facial skin, Radiesse may be the best treatment choice. This filler contains microspheres of calcium hydroxylapatite suspended in a gel. It can provide support to the skin’s foundation and stimulates collagen production for lasting results and continued improvement in your appearance. Results typically last about a year, but many patients require less product on follow-up injections due to increased collagen levels in the skin.
The differences between these fillers are subtle but important. This is one reason why working with a skilled injector is so essential. We can choose the right products and inject them properly for optimal results. We are deeply aware of the unique benefits each of these fillers possess and will use those benefits to achieve the best possible result for your skin.
Call New Orleans Center for Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery at 504-533-8848 today and schedule your first dermal filler treatment!