The Most Requested CoolSculpting Treatment Areas
You’ve probably heard about CoolSculpting, the remarkable new non-invasive technology that eliminates stubborn bulges of fat with applications of carefully controlled cooling. The principles of CoolSculpting come from a breakthrough scientific discovery showing that controlled cooling damages fat without harming the skin or other tissue. After a CoolSculpting session, which takes about a half-hour for each area treated, you return to your normal life with no downtime. Over the following weeks, your body naturally flushes out the dead fat cells, revealing your newly slimmed contours.
It may sound too good to be true, but it isn’t! The treated areas have fewer fat cells, and they don’t come back. If you experience moderate weight gain or loss after treatment, the treated areas remain proportionally slimmer — permanently.
What Areas of the Body Can CoolSculpting Treat?
Your body has two types of fat tissue:
- Fat that is close enough to the surface to pinch in your fingers
- Dense fat that lies deeper in your body
CoolSculpting works well to reduce the first type — fat near the surface. It can’t reach the deeper, denser fat layers. If you can pull a pocket of fat into a bulge with your fingers, a CoolSculpting applicator can also pull that area of your body, using suction, into a cooling “cup” and chill it, destroying a portion of the fat cells.
The Most-Requested CoolSculpting Treatment Areas
Fortunately, the bulges of fat that bother most of us are the pinchable ones near the surface, and those are the areas CoolSculpting works well on. Here are the most popular body parts for CoolSculpting treatment.
- Abdomen: Many of us are genetically predisposed to store fat in the stomach area. Even when we take steps to manage our weight, fat buildup in the abdomen can be hard to get rid of. Luckily, CoolSculpting works well to reduce belly rolls, making this one of the most popular treatment targets.
- Thighs: Many of us accumulate fat in our thighs, and the buildup there can be stubbornly resistant to diet and exercise. Fat on the inner thighs is typically the pinchable surface type and ideally suited to CoolSculpting treatment. Fat on the outer thighs is usually denser but is still a good candidate for treatment. Both inner and outer thighs are among the most requested areas for CoolSculpting.
- Flanks or “love handles”: These unwanted bulges respond nicely to CoolSculpting. With one or two treatments, your pants will fit better and you’ll be ready to show your sleeker contours in a bathing suit and tighter-fitting tops.
- Double chin: It’s hard to hide a double chin, but it’s easy to shrink it with CoolSculpting. Submental fat is exactly the type of surface fat CoolSculpting is good at eliminating, and special applicators deliver precisely focused treatment.
- Back: CoolSculpting is effective in reducing surface fat in the lower and mid-back and in eliminating “bra bulge” fat that can build up under the bra line.
- Upper arms: While CoolSculpting won’t help with sagging skin on the upper arms, it’s great at getting rid of lumpy or fluffy arm fat to make you look good in sleeveless tops.
- Below the buttocks: Fat can build up in pouches or “banana rolls” beneath the buttocks, and CoolSculpting can contour this area for a slimmer look.
Learn About CoolSculpting in New Orleans
The New Orleans Center for Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery offers CoolSculpting treatment with board-certified plastic surgeons. Call us at (504) 533-8848 or contact us to schedule a consultation and learn more.
Please note that, due to safety concerns over COVID-19, we will not be seeing patients other than emergency appointments and post-op patients until after April 21.