Look at your hands–what do you see? If you see brown spots and wrinkles and loose, sagging skin, you could benefit from hand rejuvenation. We tend to take care of our faces and forget that our hands can age us prematurely. This treatment ensures that your hands look as young as you feel (or even younger).
What Is Hand Rejuvenation?
Hand rejuvenation uses a variety of anti-aging techniques to restore a youthful appearance to your hands. If you receive facial rejuvenation treatments from us, you’ll probably be familiar with many of the procedures and techniques that we use. Hand rejuvenation can:
- Fade age and sun spots on the hands.
- Help the hands look more youthful.
- Restore lost volume that makes the hands look thin and aged.
- Smooth out wrinkled or crepey skin.
- Tighten and rejuvenate the hands.
If you’ve been attempting to hide your hands due to unsightly spots or wrinkles, this treatment can help you look younger and feel more confident. Stop neglecting them, as aging is a total body experience.
What Treatments Are Used to Rejuvenate the Hands?
Here at the New Orleans Center for Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery we use a variety of treatments to restore your hands to a more youthful appearance. Hand rejuvenation is custom tailored to your specific aesthetic problems and concerns. Your treatment plan will be unique because your hands are unique.
Here a few of the treatments we use for hand rejuvenation:
- Skin Resurfacing– If your skin have brown spots or uneven skin tone, we can restore a more even appearance using a CO2 laser. We use our CO2 laser or fractional CO2 laser to even out skin tone. In addition to evening out skin tone, skin resurfacing treatments can boost collagen production, tighten skin, and improve its texture.
- Dermal Fillers– Often one of the first noticeable signs of aging is volume loss. As this occurs the hands will appear thin, the veins bulging, and the skin loose. We can reverse the appearance of volume loss using injectable dermal fillers. This temporary treatment can restore volume in short, no downtime treatment. Fillers are long-lasting, with many patients seeing results for 6 months to a year depending on the filler used. Treatment can often be finished in just 30 minutes.
- Fat Grafting– Another option for restoring the volume in your hands is fat grafting. This procedure uses liposuction to remove fat cells from a donor area (like the abdomen or thighs), followed by a fat transfer into the hands. The transferred fat establishes itself in the new location providing long lasting improvement in the appearance of your hands. Fat grafting is more invasive than dermal fillers (since it requires liposuction as well), but the results last much longer. With fat grafting you have the added benefit of body shaping on another area of the body. Many patients opt for fat grafting during an already-scheduled liposuction treatment.
Reclaim smooth, youthful-looking hands with hand rejuvenation. Many of the procedures used are minimally invasive and non-surgical with results that can last for months or even years. Contact us today!