Are your hands ready to say, “I do”? With an influx of engagement ring selfies on Facebook comes a new cosmetic surgery trend: hand rejuvenation for brides-to-be. If you’ve recently gotten engaged, or hope to in the near future, come see us for hand rejuvenation. We can help your hands to look their best as they sport that gorgeous new ring.
Hand Rejuvenation: What Are My Options?
When it comes to hand rejuvenation, you’ll find that many of the options that work on the face will also work on the hands. Laser skin resurfacing can rejuvenate the skin by removing damaged cells, stimulating collagen production and smoothing away wrinkles. Both Dr. Velargo and Dr. Hendrick offer laser skin resurfacing treatments using our CO2 laser.
We offer both fractional and ablative laser treatments (your surgeon can make recommendations on the best option for your hands). Fractional treatments target only the damaged skin, leaving the healthy surrounding tissue intact to speed healing. Ablative treatments are more invasive, but may yield better results for some patients.
Other Pre-Wedding Cosmetic Treatments
Hand rejuvenation is a very popular option for our brides-to-be, but it isn’t your only option for pre-wedding cosmetic enhancement. A variety of cosmetic treatments can help you look your best on your big day.
- Botox: Crow’s feet, forehead lines, and other wrinkles caused by muscle activity are no match for Botox. This treatment will have you looking rejuvenated as you say, “I do.”
- Dermal Fillers: Dermal fillers like Juvederm are a great pre-wedding option for restoring facial volume, filling in wrinkles or plumping up the lips for a perfect pout. Additionally, dermal fillers, such as Radiesse can be used to volumize the hands in areas that may have prominent veins or tendons. This, in combination with resurfacing, act synergistically to restore a youthful appearance to the hands.
- Facials: Clean out pores and smooth skin before your big day. A pampering facial doesn’t just feel great; it can also help your skin to look radiant before you walk down the aisle.
- Latisse: If there’s ever a day that you need long, lush lashes, it is your wedding day. Start Latisse about four months before your wedding and enjoy darker, longer, thicker lashes.
- Massage: When you need a bit of pampering, come to our spa and enjoy a massage. You’ll be greeted with a hot towel and will enjoy a pampering massage from some of the best in the New Orleans area. This is a great way to unwind after a stressful day of wedding planning.
Additionally, dermal fillers, such as Radiesse, can be used to volumize the hands in areas that may have prominent veins or tendons. This, in combination with resurfacing, act synergistically to restore a youthful appearance to the hands
If wedding bells are in your future, come on in to the New Orleans Center for Aesthetic and Plastic Surgery. We’ll help you get wedding day ready from that first engagement ring selfie all the way to your walk down the aisle.