Today, when you’re bothered by the signs of facial aging, you have more options to choose from than ever before. How do you decide among the many facial rejuvenation options to select the one—or the combination—that will best address your needs?
Here’s a brief summary of available treatments and some suggestions for making your choice.
For Early Signs of Facial Aging
Facial aging advances in stages, and the stage you’re at will determine which treatments are the best options for you. For mild to moderate facial wrinkles and lines, early thinning of facial fat, and the start of loosening skin, you have a wide array of non-surgical treatments from which to choose.
- Injectable dermal fillers, such as Juvéderm and Restylane, can soften mild to moderate lines and wrinkles to make them much less noticeable. They can also add volume to areas that are starting to thin, such as your cheeks and lips. And the treatments are quick and easy, with no downtime.
- Neuromodulator injections, including Botox Cosmetic, Dysport, and Xeomin smooth lines and creases caused by facial muscle contractions, such as frown and smile lines. Like dermal fillers, these treatments must be repeated every few months for long-term effect.
Non-surgical skin-tightening and rejuvenating treatments can also smooth facial lines and wrinkles while firming loose skin in its early stages and restoring a brighter and more even complexion. These treatments include:
- IPL photofacial, microdermabrasion, and chemical peel treatments restore a more youthful look to facial skin by stimulating the production of collagen. These treatments accelerate the growth of new, more elastic, and evenly toned skin for a younger look.
- Microneedling uses thousands of tiny perforations to trigger a healing response that firms and tightens facial skin, softening fine lines and wrinkles and shrinking enlarged pores. Microneedling can be combined with platelet-rich plasma (PRP) treatment for even better results.
- FaceTite uses radiofrequency (RF) technology to tighten sagging areas of facial skin to restore a younger look to the forehead, cheeks, and jawline. The skin-tightening results can last up to five years.
- Morpheus 8 uses radiofrequency (RF) energy combined with microneedling to tighten loose skin and restore a younger-looking complexion.
- Embrace RF combines Morpheus 8 and FaceTite treatments to precisely mold underlying fat on the face, neck, and jawline to create better-defined and younger-looking facial contours. Embrace RF also tightens facial skin to smooth wrinkles and lines and correct the early stages of jowl formation.
- Laser skin resurfacing uses precisely controlled CO2 laser technology to remove the surface layer of skin and stimulate the growth of more resilient, collagen-rich skin in replacement. Laser skin resurfacing removes wrinkles and refreshes facial skin for a brighter, smoother complexion.
For More Advance Signs of Facial Aging
All of the non-surgical treatments above work well for mild to moderate facial lines and wrinkles and the early stages of loosening skin. When your facial lines, wrinkles, and loosening skin are more advanced, you may need to consider surgical treatment for more effective and long-lasting facial rejuvenation.
- A facelift removes excess skin while also tightening and reattaching underlying muscles and ligaments to make more significant—but still natural-looking—improvements to the lower part of the face. A facelift can remove jowls and give a younger-looking definition to the neck and jawline while smoothing deeper creases around the nose and mouth.
- A brow lift makes the same sort of lifting and smoothing improvements to the forehead and eyebrows and can make you look more alert and content.
- Eyelid surgery or blepharoplasty lifts eyelids that have drooped with age and can fill in hollowed areas below the eyes.
Schedule a Personal Consultation for Guidance
With so many choices, the most important step you can take is to schedule a personal consultation with a skilled and experienced plastic surgeon. In your consultation, the doctor will examine your facial features and the signs of facial aging, ask you questions about the look you’d like to achieve, and make recommendations on the treatments or procedures that will best address your needs.
The board-certified plastic surgeons at New Orleans Center for Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery offer a full range of cosmetic treatments, including plastic surgery, non-surgical facial rejuvenation treatments, and spa services. Ready for a positively life-changing experience? Call us at (504) 533-8848 or contact us today to schedule a consultation.