1. What is a Mommy Makeover?
“Mommy Makeover” is a phrase often used in plastic surgery that refers to a combination of surgical procedures performed during the same surgery to reverse the changes that occur to a woman body after pregnancy.
2. What are the most common procedures performed on a Mommy Makeover?
The most common combination of procedures usually entail a breast surgery with an abdominal surgery. Most often patients are seeking a breast lift with or without an augmentation with a tummy tuck. Liposuction can also be an important part of the surgery to help with body contouring and removing area of unwanted and difficult to lose fat. Other mommy makeover procedures include: face lift, blepharoplasty, gluteal augmentation, labiaplasty to name a few.
3. Can a mini tummy tuck, a breast augmentation and a liposuction be performed in one surgery?
Absolutely, if the patient is healthy enough to tolerate a lengthy procedure in the operating room.
4. What is the minimum recovery time for a Mommy Makeover?
4 to 6 weeks for most activities and 6 to 8 weeks for return to normal activities.
5. What are the most common complications seen with mommy makeover?
Mommy makeovers are safe procedures however every surgery has a potential for complications. The most common complications are bleeding, infection, delayed wound healing, fluid collections, and scarring.
6. What is the best way to prepare for a Mommy Makeover?
The best way to prepare for a mommy makeover is to establish a healthy lifestyle that will allow you to maintain and even improve your new body. It is best to be at or near your goal weight prior to surgery to help maximize your results.
7. If I’m planning to have more kids should I wait to have a Mommy Makeover?
Short answer: YES! Any pregnancies after a mommy makeover can reverse the result of the surgery.
8. How severe is the pain after a Mommy Makeover?
Pain is subjective and can vary greatly from person to person, but most patients feel that the pain is very manageable and easily controlled with oral pain medications.
9. How long before I can see results?
Results can be seen immediately, however, really results begin to show around 3 months after surgery when approximately 80 percent of the surgical swelling has subsided.
10. What type of scarring should be expected after a Mommy Makeover?
Scarring can vary from patient to patient based on the types of procedures that they are having and this is something that will be discussed in consultation for a mommy makeover.
11. How much time should I plan on taking off for a Mommy Makeover?
4 weeks is the ideal amount of time to take off for a Mommy Makeover. This will give the patient enough time to resume most daily activities without discomfort or fatigue.
For more information about Mommy Makeovers, contact our office for a consultation.