Dr. Parker Velargo & Dr. Russell Hendrick recently spoke with eHealth Radio Network about Transgender Plastic Surgery and the various components involved. They go in depth about the different procedures that can be included, such as facial feminization surgery, breast surgery, liposuction and fat grafting.
Listen to the interview with host Eric Michaels & Drs. Velargo & Hendrick discuss the following:
- 1. What is Transgender Plastic Surgery? What are some common procedures involved in Transgender Plastic Surgery?
- 2. How do these procedures differ when doing them for gender reassignment reasons?
- 3. What is the recovery process like? Are there side effects or complications?
- 4. What makes someone an ideal candidate for Transgender Plastic Surgery? Is there anything that would make someone a less than ideal candidate?
- 5. What are some important things a person should know or ask their surgeon about before considering this type of surgery?